The Marlin is a next-generation swimming tool worn on your goggles. It monitors everything you do as you swim and then speaks to you, giving your verbal feedback on your performance.
The Marlin informs you of the speed you are swimming, your stroke rate, strokes per length and distance swum. It can also talk you through training sessions step by step:
Once your session is complete you can of course analyse all your swim data on your smart-phone (iPhone or Android required).
Swim Smooth have been an integral part of the development team at Platysens, making sure the Marlin gives you the right feedback and prompts you in the right way to maximise your development as a swimmer.
The Marlin comes in two versions, the pool only Marlin-P (without GPS) and the pool and open water Marlin. It's a true next generation product and we're super excited about getting one strapped to your goggles! Buy yours today at:
Marlin Youtube Unboxing
Paul Newsome unboxed his production Marlin a few days ago in Perth, giving you some insight into how to use the Marlin along the way:
Marlin Product Overview
• The Marlin can be configured to control your stroke rate and set pace in a similar way to a Finis Tempo Trainer Pro.
• You can download training sessions to the Marlin and be led through them step by step as you swim - removing the need for a written plan.
• Analyse your swim pace and performance after your swim to optimise your speed and efficiency.
• With the Marlin model you can record, map and analyse your open water training. Note, as the Marlin has a clear GPS signal on the back of your head it can do this with far greater accuracy than a GPS watch which spends much of the time underwater during the freestyle stroke:
• You can also program an open water swim course at your local venue on your smart phone and have the Marlin guide you round, speaking to you whenever you go off course with corrective instructions to bring you straight again. Amazing technology!
• At no additional charge, Swim Smooth Guru PRO subscribers will soon be able to connect their Guru account to their Marlin, sending Guru training sessions to the Marlin to follow at the pool. Sessions swum using the Marlin can also be automatically imported into the Guru for detailed Swim Smooth analysis. Guru integration is scheduled for completion in early July.