Swim Smooth Head Coach Paul Newsome here. The following blog post is my musings on what motivates us to train and - in some cases - compete. What prompted me to write this was my recent decision to withdraw from the Port-2-Pub 25km Solo swim on the grounds that I couldn't find my "reason", something I've never had to deal with before. You may or may not care to know this information or of my life choices, but this is my account of that decision and I hope it helps you in some way.
…the subtitle says it all, "when to quit (and when to stick)"
- because I want to do what I've never done before
- because I want to experience something entirely new to me
- because I want to beat my mate
- because I want to beat my time
- because I want to win
- because I want to set a world record
- because I want to be a newer, healthier me
- because I want that flippin' number plate!
- because I just want to do it